|Boys' Track Events||Girls' Track Events|
|110 Meter LH (30 in.)||100 Meter LH (30 in.)|
|100 Meter Dash||100 Meter Dash|
|4x200 Meter Relay||4x200 Meter Relay|
|1600 Meter Run||1600 Meter Run|
|4x100 Meter Relay||4x100 Meter Relay|
|400 Meter Dash||400 Meter Dash|
|800 Meter Run||800 Meter Run|
|200 Meter Dash||200 Meter Dash|
|4x400 Meter Relay||4x400 Meter Relay|
|Boys' Field Events||Girls' Field Events|
|Discus Throw||Discus Throw|
|High Jump||High Jump|
|Long Jump||Long Jump|
|Shot Put*||Shot Put*|
*The boys' shot put must weigh 4.0 kilograms (8.818 lbs). The girls' shot put must weigh 2.744 kilograms (6 lbs).
I. TSSAA Uniform Rule
- All uniforms must follow the NFHS Rules. The referee will warn every participant prior to the meet that they must compete in a legal uniform, and if a contestant competes in an illegal uniform, then that contestant is disqualified from that event. There are no team warnings or individual warnings after the meet begins. Officials should use preventative officiating as much as possible.
II. Number of Events Open to Participants
- No contestant may participate in more than three events in any meet. This regulation applies to all track competition - regular-season meets as well as invitational, conference, sub-sectional, sectional, regional, and state meets.
- A school may enter no more than three girls or three boys in any individual event and no more than one team in a relay.
- In middle school track, there will be two classifications: Class A and Class AA. Classification can be found here.
- Four Sectionals (Murfreesboro, Chattanooga, Johnson City, and Memphis) will be held across the state with the qualifiers advancing to the State Championships. There will be 16 qualifiers in each event (4 from each Sectional) for each classification to the State Championships from the Sectional meets.
- Sectionals must be completed by May 9, 2020.
- There will be a fee of $50 for a girls' team and $50 for a boys' team for each school that participates in the championship series. Check with your school administration to see if this was paid with your school's membership in August. This can be reviewed on the school ledger on the TSSAA Portal.
IV. State Meet Information
- Running Events - All lane assignments will be based on the athlete's qualifying performance.
- The following scoring system shall be used in the state meet - 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1.
- The Middle School Track & Field State Championships will be held May 16, 2020 at Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, TN.