Congratulations on qualifying for the TMSAA Track & Field State Championships! Below is pertinent information for preparing for the meet. Should you have any questions leading up to the event, please email email@example.com.
The TMSAA Track & Field State Championships will take place on Saturday, May 20, 2023 at Fortera Stadium on the campus of Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, Tennessee.
Information for Coaches:
1. Coaches’ Packets - All track coaches must pick up their team packet at the Track & Field Information Tent, which is located at the entrance outside the stadium on the main entrance sidewalk. The track and field information tent will be open Friday from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm and Saturday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Each packet will have wristbands for all coaches, wristbands for all participants, and other valuable information for participants.
You will receive one wristband for each coach that is registered on the TSSAA Portal. You will need to check with your school’s Athletic Director to make sure that this has been done. You can see this information on your school's Portal account or the TMSAA website on your school's directory page. You will receive one wristband for each participant that has qualified for the State Meet. If you have a relay team that has qualified for the State Meet, you will receive one extra wrist bands. Coaches, please make sure that your competitors understand that the wristband is the only way they can be admitted to the track and field competition.. The wristband MUST be worn around the wrist. Wristbands will NOT be replaced unless the participant brings the torn wristband to the clerk’s tent by the competitor’s gate.
2. Walk-Through & Warm-Ups - THE TRACK WILL NOT BE OPEN AT ANY TIME FOR PRACTICE. On Friday, a team may walk around the stadium to see the layout from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Warm-up areas will be open one hour before the first event. There will be a Coaches’ Box designated at each field event. Coaches must be in the Coaches’ Box or in the stands at all times. During the running events, coaches must be in the stands or outside the track area on either end of the stadium. ONLY TMSAA PERSONNEL ARE ALLOWED ON THE TRACK OR FOOTBALL FIELD DURING RUNNING EVENTS.
3. Tents - Tents for competitors can be set up on the grass area around the field and in the home bleachers. The adjacent indoor facility will be used as a warm-up area during running events, but teams will not be allowed to set-up tents or bring in food or drinks into the indoor facility. The warm-up area in the indoor facility will not open until 2:00pm.
4. Clerk of Course - The Clerk of Course will be set up in the adjacent indoor facility. All participants must check-in for running events when called to the Clerk of Course. They will be escorted to the starting line, awards stand, and will exit the track at the gate near the Clerk of Course. Athletes may not go from the grandstand area to the track area. Please go over this information with all athletes.
5. Relay Cards – You will find relay cards in your packet if you have a relay team that has qualified for the State Track Meet. Names of the relay team members must be printed and signed by each competitor. The relay card must be turned in to the Clerk of Course on second call. There are places for the four members of the relay team. Any person who has been turned in on your eligibility report may participate on the relay team, provided they are not in violation of the three-event limitation rule. The relay counts as an event for each competitor once they report to the Clerk of Course.
6. Spikes - Pyramid spikes will be the only spikes allowed. No spikes longer than ¼“ will be permitted.
TACA Cards will be honored when presented with a matching photo ID.
TSSAA ID Cards and TMSAA ID Cards will NOT be accepted for admission.
School administrators who are registered on the TSSAA Portal can sign-in for free admission at the gate.
Parking - Parking will be free in the lot accessible from Drane Street.
Sports Medicine - An athletic trainer will be present during all field and running events.
Awards - The top eight finishers in each event will receive awards. Team awards will be presented to the top two teams in each classification following the completion of all events.
TMSAA Championship Merchandise - Northwest Designs will be on-site selling TMSAA Championship t-shirts and other championship paraphernalia.
Online Merchandise Store
Media - All media should contact Matthew Gillespie at the TSSAA office phone number (615-889-6740) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request press credentials.
Clarksville Area Information - Please visit the Clarksville CVB website for hotel, restaurant, and other area information.