I. General Regulations
- TMSAA Uniform Rule: All uniforms must follow the NFHS Rules. The referee will warn every participant prior to the meet that they must compete in a legal uniform, and if a contestant competes in an illegal uniform, then that contestant is disqualified from the event. There are no team warnings or individual warnings after the meet begins. Officials should use preventative officiating as much as possible.
- For cross country competition the schools should be divided into two classes: Class A and Class AA for both girls and boys.
- The middle school cross country distance shall be 2 miles for both girls and boys.
- Four Sectionals (Martin, Murfreesboro, Chattanooga, and Greeneville) will be held across the state with the qualifiers advancing to the State Championships. Due to the differing number of schools participating in each meet, the following will be the number of qualifiers from each sectional to the state meet: Greeneville & Chattanooga will advance 26 qualifiers (top three teams and the five next best times) from each classification; Martin will advance 19 qualifiers (top two teams and the five next best times) from each classification; Murfreesboro will advance 43 qualifiers (top five teams and the eight next best times) from each classification.
- Sectionals must be completed by September 28, 2019.
- State Championships will be held October 5, 2019 in Clarksville, TN.
- There will be a fee of $50 for a girls’ team and $50 for a boys’ team for each school that participates in the championship series. Check with your school administration to see if this was paid with your school’s membership in August. This can be reviewed on the school ledger on the TSSAA Portal.